Thursday 21 February 2008

Please Do Not Adjust Your Set...

Yes, I'm off to a slow start with this one! Sorry.
Perhaps it wouldn't or shouldn't be quite so difficult, and maybe it all just hinges on my perceptions (or possible misconceptions) of what you should write on a "public" blog on a specific topic, and how it should be framed and referenced.

My other blog had no illusions of being literarily or politically or grammatically, (or any of several other 'ally's) correct. It's just thoughts strung together. Stuff about the theatre I'm working with, pictures of critters, mutterings of hobbies.... basic random thoughts.

But here I'm finding that even a random thought feels like it should have a lot more behind it. More research. More basic explanation of what I was trying to accomplish. Some background to the whole experiment. And of course, that slows me down.

I'm sure at some point I'll find a balance, and it will be easier to decide what to post, and how to frame it, and to make it happen. After all, the whole point of this was to find somewhere to jot down some thoughts, let them out before my brain explodes. (Such a messy thing!)
There's no way at all I can wait until I suddenly achieve some kind of intellectual greatness; ain't going to happen, no point in waiting. Godot will get here quicker!

So, as long as you, my unknown, and probably lean, audience are willing to roll with the stylistic punches, we may be almost in business.

v

No comments: